The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are commited to safeguarding it.
How we collect personal data and how it is used
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Automatically collected informationabout your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths (clicks).
- Information that you voluntarily providewhen you leave a comment, subscribe to a newsletter or submit a contact form. For example your name or email address.
- Cookies: a small data files that stay on your browser until deleted, to make sure you have a personalized experience on the Website.
How personal information is used
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Personalizing the Website for you;
- Enabling the use of the services available on our website;
- Sending you important information about the Website such as newsletter e-mails;
- Responding your comments or inquires;
- Maintaining the Website;
- Providing you with user support;
- Keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Website.
Third-parties use of personal information
We may provide third parties with statistical information about our users when you explicitly authorize us to share said information.
At the same time, the Website uses many third-party service providers to operate and keep a good maintainment of the Website. The third-party service providers’ use of your personal information is dictated by their privacy policies.
This website uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics:we use this service to track user traffic and actions on the Website. The only personal information captured by Google Analytics is your IP address.
- Mail Chimp:we use this service to deliver email updates and newsletter. The only personal data stored by Mail Chimp is your name and email address for a proper communication.
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Except when demanded by law, we will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
The Website may participate in different affiliate programs. These programs provide us with costumized links to track referrals to their websites.
- Amazon Services LLC Associated Program: an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Shopstyle Affiliate Program: an affiliate advertising program that allows us to provide users with the best fashion and home decor products by linking them to their respective online stores.
Cookies don’t contain any personal information that allows to identify a user.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve content and advertisements when you visit the Website.
- Opt-out: you can opt-out of future email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe links in our newsletter. You can also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Instruct us: you can instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you submitting a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The «help» feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: