January has been my second month blogging, and the month I’ve made my first affiliate sale!
Now I can totally prove that you not only CAN make money as a new blogger, but you SHOULD be making it!
Because honestly, it’s the easiest thing ever. It just takes a little effort and absolutely everyone can do it. If you want to start a blog, I show you how to do it here. Two months ago I would have NEVER believed that I’ll be making money with my blog, but here I am!
In general, January has been a good month for me and for the blog. Traffic kept growing since I put more effort on Pinterest and writing new content. I wrote a long list with post ideas to have me covered for the next week (college classes start again!).
I also turned 20 years old on the 18th and it was the day I made my first affiliate sale. Guess it was the best birthday present!
But to be honest, I don’t think it was a gift, but the result of hard work and constancy.
Note: This posts contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small comission if you purchase through them (at no extra cost for you). I only recommend products and services that I have personally used and love. You can read about my disclosure here.
- Spending more time working on my Pinterest strategy.
- Purchasing the ebook «How to make your first affiliate sale in 24 hours». This was the ebook that thaught me how to make my first affiliate sale. It was just $20 and totally worth it, since I triplied the money with my first sale. Crazy, I know!
- Going self-hosted. I know I couldn’t have done any of this without a self-hosted blog (this is my tutorial on how to start a self-hosted blog).
- Joining Ebates. This website is one of the reasons I love life. When you sign up to their program, you literally get paid for shopping. So everytime you buy something online, you get a little cash back by using Ebates links. For example, if you spend $50 at Levi’s, you will get $12 back (the 6% of what you paid, which is not bad at all). If you sign up with my link, you will get $10 back on your first $25 buy.
What I Could Improve
- I definitely have to work more on my Facebook page. I’ve seen hundreds of bloggers getting lots of traffic from there and I’ve already joined some Facebook groups for bloggers.
- Set up a proper mail list. I already have a mail list but I don’t use it that much except for sharing my last posts. My plan for the next month is to start a new mail list and grow it, as well as start sending weekly e-mails.
- Write more. I plan on writing 8 posts for the next month.
- 2017 RECAP: MY FIRST MONTH BLOGGING
- WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS
- HOW TO START A PROFITABLE BLOG IN 2018
- FLORAL SHIRTS AND RED PURSES
- HOW TO EAT HEALTHY IN COLLEGE
Blog Stats + Social Media
- Pinterest: 54 followers / 122 followers (+68)
- Instagram: 470 followers / 485 (+15)
- Facebook: 2 likes / 5 likes (+3)
December: 1040 views
January: 1824 views
(You can click here to start a self-hosted with Bluehost for just $3.95/ month. I started making money with my blog when I went self-hosted, so it was the best decision ever!).
I started selling my own products on Etsy this Summer, and I’ve made some real cash with it since then. So I guess it’s part of my monthly income too and deserves to be here (I made $170 last month).
TOTAL INCOME: $161.38
I know that compared to lots of bloggers out there making 6 figure numbers every month, this is not too much. But for being just my second month blogging, I honestly feel really proud of these numbers.
I didn’t really have any expenses since I’ve been pinning manually. The only blog expense I’ve had is my web hosting, which was $35, since I paid for just 12 months in advance.
The fact of making money online is something I would have never tought of 2 months ago. So after reading all those income reports from other bloggers, it’s so crazy to see that now it’s happening to me! I couldn’t be happier about it, even if it’s just a little amount. It makes me so glad to see that effort and hard work pays off.
I’m just 20 and I’m currently going to college, so being able to earn some money and create a little side hustle is so exciting. I can’t wait to see what else this blogging experience brings to my life!